The wharf and interchange is designed to provide customers with accessible, safe and comfortable public transport infrastructure.
The wharf will comprise a steel floating pontoon connected to land by a concrete bridge and aluminium gangway. The concrete bridge will have an entry platform on land and extend into the river to a covered waiting area with seating where it connects to a gangway that connects to the pontoon.
The pontoon will have glass screens and a curved zinc roof offering protection from the weather. The new wharf and interchange will provide:
- Additional public transport infrastructure for Rhodes and the surrounding area
- Accessible public transport infrastructure for mobility impaired customers and customers with prams
- Customer amenity such as protection from the wind, rain and sun, seating and waiting areas
- Safe, quick and efficient ferry boarding and disembarking
- Efficient interchanges with other modes of transport, including bus, cycle and car
- Effective wayfinding signage and lighting.
read more at: http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/projects/sydney-west/rhodes-wharf/index.html